Masoor daal is a shelled red lentil
It has a pleasant earthy taste that blends well with onion and chilli. Masseur lentil is especially easy in digestion, it is the first meal made for the baby. The consistency of cooked lentils is ideal for flour applications.
For around 10 pieces:
|masoor lentils||1 cup|
|atta (whole-wheat flour)||2 cup|
|turmeric||1 flat spoon|
|garam masala||1/2 spoon|
|green chili||2 pieces|
|coriander/fenugreek /parsley||3 branches|
|ghee/sunflower oil/coconut oil||2 spoon for dought
2 spoon for frying
|ghee/melted butter||3 spoon for paratha|
- You can add a bit of kumin (jeera – 1 teaspoon) and carom seeds (ajwan – a pinch) – jeera and ajwan are added to hot lentils to increase the reinforcing properties of the dish. Whole grains or ground – it depends on your preferences. Whole grains can be pre-roasted on a dry pan – few seconds, stirring.
- Wash the lentils several times and cook them in a quantity of 1.5 glass of water, without salt. Cook for 15 minutes in a covered pot. Lentils should absorb all the water. Cooked put aside.
- At this time, finely chop the onions, greens and chilli peppers – onion into cubes, chilli in thin circles.
- Clean and squeeze garlic. Add to lentils, add salt to taste, mix.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, turmeric and garam masala. Then add ghee/sunflower oil/coconut oil and mix.
- When the flour is evenly mixed with the oil, add the lentils and mix. Set aside under the cloth for 20 minutes.
- Prepare a small bowl of ghee or melted butter, a bit of flour for bedding, a spoon, a board and a roller. Now you can roll pancakes.
- Divide the dough into about 10 equal portions and form nice balls.
- Roll the ball on the board, dip the spoon in ghee and brush the circle on the top. Fold it in half, brush it again. Fold it again in half and brush it, sprinkle with a pinch of flour. Now, roll it out to a nice circle. Sometimes, too, triangular parathas are made.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil/ghee on the pan, the fire should be medium. Cook briefly, on both sides.
Masoor daal paratha serve HOT with sabji curry (fried vegetables) or with pure curd (yogurt/kefir).