Sandheko is a kind of cold salad, Nepalese Aloo Sandheko is simply a potato salad with spices.
Recommended for summer grilling as a great addition to grilled or smoked meat.
For 4 portions:
|mustard oil||3 spoon|
|jeera - kumin||1/2 teaspoon|
|chili powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|fenugreek seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|green chili||2 pieces|
- Wash the potatoes and cook them for a 30 minutes in a boiling water.
- Cool them, peel and cut into a 2cm cube.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin circles, similarly cut the chili peppers. Cut the tomatoes into thick cubes.
- Mix with potatoes in a large bowl.
- Peel a small piece of ginger, cut into smaller pieces and squeeze the juice through the press.
- Peel the garlic and finely chop. Chop the greens as well.
- Add to the salad salt, lemon juice, and a small pinch of chilli powder.
- Heat the mustard oil in the frying pan and throw the fenugreek seeds. Fry on medium heat for a minute, then add the cumin seeds.
- Fry for another minute and then take it off the fire. Add turmeric to the hot pan.
- Fry the spices with the salad carefully.
- Place in a cold place for 20 minutes. After this time, Aloo Sandheko is ready.