Puri is a popular crispy bread known in India, although it is also a traditional Nepali dish.
It is a bread made of whole wheat flour, usualy eaten with Potato Curry (Aaloo ko tarkari).
Recipe for 20 pieces:
|wheat flour (maida)||2 cups|
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl and add water little by little to dough while kneading
- Add 1 spoon of hot oil or ghee to the dough. The dough should not be too dry or too wet.
- Make small balls out of it.
- Use the dough immediately. It may harden.
- Roll them into medium sized circles. Not too thick, not too thin
- Now heat oil – you can check if its good by putting a peace of dough into the oil, if it is frying and floating then its ready.
- Fry the bread. Let it float for a while and turn it to the other side.
- When it turns brown, take it out and place on the plate with paper towel to soak it from oil.
Serve it with potato curry.