This is a recipe for a delicious Exotic meal.
It’s well known dish in all Nepal and north India, served with chapati or puri made for breakfast.
Recipe for 5 servings:
|dry chickpeas||1 cup|
|dry red chili||2 pieces|
|mustard seeds||1 tsp|
|turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|coriander powder||1 tsp|
- Depending on the and the softnes you want to acheve, you need to boil it different amout of time.
- There are 2 types of chickpeas, one is big and light in color named Kabuli Chana and the other is small and dark in color named Desi Chana or Bengal Gram. Both are good.
- You can also add a ginger-garlic paste at the end to make the dish more Indian.
- Chickpeas must be rinsed several times and soaked in water for 4 to 12 hours.
- After that you must rinse them again and boil for 40 t0 90 minutes till soft.
- Cut the potato into fat cubes. Cook them separetly for 15 minutes.
- Carrot cut into long strips or grate on big grater.
- On the frying pan pop up mustard seeds and jeera. Next add oil and then add chili and garlic.
- After 1 minute add carrot, mix and fry till dark yellow.
- Then add potato and chickpeas.
- Mix add the coriander, turmeric and salt.
- Add the chopped fresh coriander.