When 8 eggs bought from the store land unexpectedly on the ground …
… our neighbor said she would show how to make roti. This is a kind of bread fried in oil. Sometimes with egg, sometimes not. My roti made according to the instructions of the neighbor pleases me the most. She recommends eating it with vegetable curry. We, of course, prefer with honey.
Sometimes we make roti instead of bread for sandwich. Of course, the perfect roti is round. However, we made our breads together with sisters, which is why we have many different shapes.
Dought for around 12 pieces:
|baking powder||1/2 flat tea spoon|
- Make the dough of flour, powder, milk, sugar, salt and eggs. Cover and set aside for half an hour.
- Then knead the dough again and divide into 12 identical pieces.
- Prepare round even balls from the dough and cover with a cloth.
- Pull one by one; roll out to a cake about 2 mm thick.
- Inside the cake, make 2 incisions.
- Throw in a well-warmed oil. Fry on both sides to golden color.
As I said, you can serve them with curry or honey. Or use them us bread for sandwiches.