When 8 eggs bought from the store land unexpectedly on the ground …
… our neighbor said she would show us how to make roti. This is a kind of bread fried in oil. Sometimes with egg, sometimes without. My roti made according to the instructions of the neighbor pleases me the most. She recommends eating it with vegetable curry. We, of course, prefer with honey.
Sometimes we make roti instead of bread for sandwiches. The perfect roti is round, however, we made our breads together with sisters, therefor we made many different shapes.
Dought for around 12 pieces:
|baking powder||1/2 flat tea spoon|
- Make a dough from flour, powder, milk, sugar, salt and eggs. Cover and set aside for half an hour.
- Then knead the dough again and divide into 12 identical pieces.
- Prepare round balls from the dough and cover with a cloth.
- Pull one by one; roll out to about 2 mm thickness.
- Inside the cake, make 2 incisions.
- Throw into a hot oil. Fry on both sides to a golden color.
As I said, you can serve them with curry, honey or use them as bread for sandwiches.