Delicious Indian coconut coocies.
Nariyal barfi is an Indian cookie flavored with cardamom with fresh coconut flakes, nuts and raisins.
|fresh grated coconut||1 1/2 cup|
|condensed milk/khoya||1 spoon|
|green cardamom||7 pieces|
|sliced dried fruits||handfull|
|butter||to grease the mold|
- Dissolve a glass of sugar in a glass of water in a pan Put on the fire, bring to a boil, reduce the gas and leave the syrup to get a bit thick.
- Remove the cardamom seeds from the scales. and roast the seeds on a dry pan for 15 seconds while stirring. Then grind them in a grinder/rinse in a mortar/beat with a spoon on the table.
- Add coconut to the syrup, leave on the fire for five minutes.
- Then add condenced milk and grounded cardamom.
- Grease the form with butter and spread the dried fruits in it. Put the coconut mass on fruits. Put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Chilled barfi cut into cubes.